How to apply to become a caregiver or live-in carer

If you think you’d like to become a live-in carer with Corinium Care, the first thing to do is to complete an online job application form.

When we receive your completed form and the relevant documentation we will contact you to discuss your application, and let you know if further information or documents are required.

All those looking for a carer job through Corinium Care go through a detailed selection process and must take part in our free one-week training scheme in Gloucestershire.

References please

Before we can process your application to become a home carer, we seek three satisfactory responses from your referees. In the case of international referees it is advisable to provide email addresses or fax numbers to speed up the process.

Invitation to join our training course

officeOnce we have received suitable references and approved your application for a home care job, we invite you to attend our induction and training course. This is a five-day course held once a month at our head office in Gloucestershire.

During that training period, our carers are closely assessed for their ability to work in such a sensitive role. Corinium’s Care Managers are able to get to know each new arrival and to build an understanding of their particular strengths.

We seek to ensure that our carers have the personality and commitment essential to the wellbeing of our clients.

And finally . . . .

Please note that acceptance onto the Corinium Care training course does not mean your application to join our register of carers has been successful. We will finalise your application to become a live-in carer after five days of interview, induction, training and assessment in Gloucestershire.

Before you arrive for your training week, we advise you to sort out the necessary documentation, such as National Insurance, work permit (for carers from outside the UK), and a UK bank account.

British and EU passport holders are able to work in the UK without restrictions. If you are applying from outside these countries you will require a work permit. If you are a Commonwealth citizen and have a grandparent born in the UK you are entitled to an ancestral visa.

We also recommend that you take a look at the Frequently Asked Questions, which should answer most of your queries as to what becoming a live-in carer involves.

To fill in an online Carer Application Form, click here. For further assistance please do not hesitate to call the recruitment team on 00 44 (0)1453 839731 or your local representative on the number at the top of this page. You can also visit our UK website.